Apartment Decorating Ideas: Get Your Small Space in Order!
Living in a small space, like an apartment, can be tricky when it comes to organization and storage. Closet space can be hard to come by and you don’t want your living room turning into a storage room. So how do you get the clutter under control? By choosing your furniture and accessories carefully.
I, for one, can not stop drooling over this LAXseries Storage Platform Bed by MASHstudios:
I love the clean lines of the frame and the roll out drawers for extra storage. When we’re ready to buy a new bed this one is at the top of my list. But don’t worry, you don’t have to replace the big ticket items in your apartment to get organized. Here are a few smaller pieces than can make a big difference in your space:
1. Who needs four legs when you have a wall? Keep your small space feeling open and airy with wall-mounted desks and side tables. The Ledge Wall-Mounted Desk by Urbancase
2. Keep small items on your desk stylishly organized with a soft container (it folds up when not in use!) full of color and pattern. Blue Rosemary Storage Bucket, Small by Chewing the Cud
3. Save closet space (and add a spot to put your keys and phone when you walk in the door) by installing a coat rack with a shelf into the wall. Don’t worry about the holes when you move out, that’s what spackle is for! Frisco 3 Arm Coat Rack by Cyan Design
4. Keep your books and magazines at hand (and organized!) with a storage table with additional shelving. I like this one because it stores reading material but feels very light and open, too. Axel Bjurstrom White Magazine Table by Design House Stockholm
5. Storage can be glamorous! Keep small items out of sight and organized with colorful containers that are both decorative and useful. Tartier Round Canisters & Tray Set by Bungalow 5
6. One thing no small space should be without is an upholstered ottoman that doubles as storage. I’m totally serious, these things are awesome. Not only do they provide extra seating when you need it, you can also prop up your feet and store extra pillows or sheets. Tufted Storage Bench by Velvet & Clover
What tricks do you use to keep your apartment organized?