An icon of mid century modern sofa design, the Stilt sofa is well known for its architectural wooden base “platform” which effortlessly lifts the body from the floor. With features like down feather cushions and design origins from Danish Mid Century Modern, the Stilt Sofa is not only comfortable, it is stunning from the front, the back and sides. Stilt owes its comfortable longevity to the premium ingredients from which it is crafted. The wooden platform is a solid and architecturally stunning element from all angles allowing you to place the sofa at any location in the room. A significant portion of the development cost of the Stilt is due to the heirloom finished solid American Ash frame base. This hefty architectural element spans the front, the sides, underneath and artistically extends upwards supporting a significant portion of the back. The depth of the wooden frame exceeds that of the width of the upholstered sofa, thus creating interesting angled space in the back between the frame and the sofa at the base. The wooden platform is a solid and architecturally stunning element from all angles allowing you to place the sofa at any location in the room.
- Style: Danish Mid-Century 3 Seat Sofa. Inspired by Treehouse architecture.
- Frame: Traditional hardwood box frame construction
- Down Feather Seat & Back Cushion: Heavy Multi-density foam core topped with a plush quilted down top layer
- Wood species: Solid Natural American Ash Timbers
- Wood Species: Genuine American Walnut Veneer wood
- Platform Leg Finish: 3 coats of UV cured Polyurethane
- Fasteners: Traditional wood dowel joinery
- Wood Preparation: Wood is kiln dried stabilizing the moisture content
- Leg Sanding: 3 step sanded. Coarse medium and fine grit
- Seat Platform: Reinforced bottom seat cushion platform for longer lasting support
- Foam Type: Durable multi-density foam
- Seat Cushion:Amply overstuffed Down Feather
- Back Cushion Style: Fitted removable and reversible seat cushions
- Seat Cushion: Affixed cube seat cushion
- Leg Type: Solid suspending wood frame platform
- Fabric Type: Vintage Tailored Twill: 60% Linen, 20% Cotton, 20% Nylon
- Fabric Type: Plush Velvet Premium – 50% Cashmere Wool, 50% Synthetic Fiber
- Overall Dimensions: Width 85" x Depth 35.5" x Height 33"
- Dimension: Floor to seat height 18"
- Feature: The entire chair is stitched and crafted by hand
- Feature: Comes standard with floor protection caps on legs
- Warranty: 1 year limited warranty
- Assembly: No
About Vintage Tailored Twill:
Twill is an interwoven knit fabric. The thread takes turns in an over and under weave forming a crooked yet overall lineal rectangle pattern that can be discerned at close range. The pattern exists but appears somewhat random when viewed from a normal distance. Vintage Tailored Twill provides a more refined, tailored appearance than that of a typical coarse twill. It relies on the multi-tone nature of the fabric strands themselves to provide the appearance of depth of texture. All fabrics wear with time, however when compared to common fabrics types like boucle or felt, twill are often considered more durable as they exhibit less visible wear effects such as piling and fuzzing.
About Plush Velvet:
Velvet in general is a soft pile fabric that has been woven since the beginning of the middle ages. It is soft to the touch with a distinctive nap. It is woven on a loom unique to velvet fabrics. Often used on modern furniture where a clean appearance is desired, Micro-velvet is a form of a standard velvet fabric. The micro-velvet variety is considered a lower maintenance fabric. It features a low nap which reduces the light and dark variation of a traditional crushed velvet. The fabric is durable, forms well with curve & tufting work. It features a warm appearance and a soft to the touch surface. Velvet as a term refers to the fabric style not the fabric content. Velvets are made from a variety of fabric types.