Børge Mogensen created the original 2213 for his own home in Gentofte Denmark in 1962. This premium quality reproduction of the 2213 Sofa features solid ash legs and hardwood frame graciously lined with polyurethane foam. The upholstery consists of a well-tailored cotton blend twill. All seams and piping are hand-stitched. The design goes a bit further than the classic mid-century modern cube shape. The body has an airy feel about it as it suspends over 4 architecturally square solid ash legs. Its comfortably proportioned size and lofty, fitted cushions line the seat, back and sides. Collectors of modernism pieces seek out the 2213 series for not only exceptional midcentury modern design, it is a practical seating experience for everyday use.
- Style: 3 Seat Sofa. Inspired by Børge Mogensen.
- Frame: Traditional Solid Ash hardwood box frame construction
- Seat Platform: Reinforced bottom seat cushion platform for firm longer lasting support
- Down Feather Seat:Heavy Multi-density foam core topped with a plush quilted down top layer
- Seat Cushion Style: Fitted removable seat, back and arm cushions
- Cushion feature: Zippered back and seat cushions
- Stitch Edge Type: Piping in vintage tailored twill cotton blend
- Fabric Type: Plush Velvet Premium: 85% Cotton, 15% Nylon
- Dimension: Height 30.5″ x Depth 32.5″ x Width 88.5″
- Dimension: Floor to seat height 18″
- Dimension:: Floor to arm height 25.5″
- Leg Type: True to original square wood leg, 5.9” tall
- Feature: The entire sofa is stitched and crafted by hand
- Feature: Comes standard with floor protection caps on legs
- Feature: Matching armchair (1 seat 2211) is available to complete your look
- Warranty: 1 year limited warranty
- Assembly: Yes
About Plush Velvet Premium:
Velvet in general is a soft pile fabric that has been woven since the beginning of the middle ages. It is soft to the touch with a distinctive nap. It is woven on a loom unique to velvet fabrics. Often used on modern furniture where a clean appearance is desired, Micro-velvet is a form of a standard velvet fabric. The micro-velvet variety is considered a lower maintenance fabric. It features a low nap which reduces the light and dark variation of a traditional crushed velvet. The fabric is durable, forms well with curve & tufting work. It features a warm appearance and a soft to the touch surface. Velvet as a term refers to the fabric style not the fabric content. Velvets are made from a variety of fabric types.