One of the differences you will find in the design of the Kennedy Sofa from that of a typical mid-century cube shape is the arms are dropped lower than the height of the back. This lower arm concept is one of the elements responsible for the improved seating comfort. From a visual perspective, the stationary fixed back of Kennedy features a well placed single row of button tufting while still spanning the entire width of the sofa body. The arms do not integrate into back space rather they end where the back begins. This allows for a cleaner, more lineal design visual while accommodating for the practical comforts of everyday use. The 3 individual midcentury modern seat cushion design features a multi-density foam core but you may notice they are plump and amply overstuffed with down. A richly comfortable seating experience results from a streamlined mid century modern seat cushion design. A substantial and intriguing 90 degree angle modern craftsman wooden block leg frame system holds the design to its iconic mid century modern architectural roots. From the wood frame, to the down feather stuffed cushions to the stitching of the upholstery, Kennedy is crafted entirely by hand.
- Style: Kennedy 3 Seat Sofa. Inspired by comfortable modernism.
- Frame: Traditional hardwood box frame construction
- Seat Platform: Reinforced bottom seat cushion platform for firm longer lasting support
- Foam Type: Durable multi-density foam
- Seat Cushion: Down Feather filled
- Seat Cushion Style: Fitted removable seat cushions
- Back Style: Full width affixed solid back
- Stitch Edge Type: Piping in vintage twill cotton blend
- Tufting Type: Button tufting back
- Leg Type: Architectural square frame wood leg
- Fabric Type: Vintage Tailored Twill: 60% Linen, 20% Cotton, 20% Nylon
- Fabric Type: Plush Velvet Premium – 50% Cashmere Wool, 50% Synthetic Fiber
- Design Feature: Solid varnished wood undercarriage with splayed legs
- Overall Dimensions: Width 82" x Depth 34" x Height 27"
- Dimension: Floor to seat height 17"
- Dimension: Floor to arm height 27"
- Feature: The entire sofa is stitched and crafted by hand
- Feature: Comes standard with floor protection caps on legs
- Feature: Includes 2 matching round bolsters as shown
- Warranty: 1 year limited warranty
- Assembly: Yes
About Vintage Tailored Twill:
Twill is an interwoven knit fabric. The thread takes turns in an over and under weave forming a crooked yet overall lineal rectangle pattern that can be discerned at close range. The pattern exists but appears somewhat random when viewed from a normal distance. Vintage Tailored Twill provides a more refined, tailored appearance than that of a typical coarse twill. It relies on the multi-tone nature of the fabric strands themselves to provide the appearance of depth of texture. All fabrics wear with time, however when compared to common fabrics types like boucle or felt, twill are often considered more durable as they exhibit less visible wear effects such as piling and fuzzing.
About Plush Velvet:
Velvet in general is a soft pile fabric that has been woven since the beginning of the middle ages. It is soft to the touch with a distinctive nap. It is woven on a loom unique to velvet fabrics. Often used on modern furniture where a clean appearance is desired, Micro-velvet is a form of a standard velvet fabric. The micro-velvet variety is considered a lower maintenance fabric. It features a low nap which reduces the light and dark variation of a traditional crushed velvet. The fabric is durable, forms well with curve & tufting work. It features a warm appearance and a soft to the touch surface. Velvet as a term refers to the fabric style not the fabric content. Velvets are made from a variety of fabric types.