Whether your Mid Mod design approach is the 60's themed "Mad Men" or the classic "I love Lucy", Jackie's profile will take you there. Perhaps you are in search of the midcentury icon that is large enough for real life. Jackie is designed to effortlessly perform mixed roles, whether you are curling up your legs for some comfortable reading time or formally hosting in black. An expansive profile is achieved by using 2 wider plump overstuffed smooth surface seat cushions without button tufting. A continuous horizontal bottom seat rail curves at each end rolling upward and outward into vertical flaring arms framing the Sofa with continuity. A fixed cushioned low profile single piece back features one row of period correct blind tufting. Perhaps the base of Jackie is the most telling detail of the design. Whether placed in the center of the room or with its back to the wall, the solid gently curved varnished wood undercarriage adds the element of handcrafted artisan design. The wooden mid century modern flair leg is the perfect option for suspending Jackie's frame from the floor. The degree of leg flair angle was carefully measured staying authentic to this original 1950's design feature. The timeless splayed leg design with the correct degree of outward angle splay pulls all of Jackie's modernism features together capturing the true feeling of the period.
- Style: Mid-Century Modern Classic Sofa
- Frame: Traditional hardwood box frame construction
- Seat Platform: Reinforced bottom seat cushion platform for firm longer lasting support
- Foam Type: Multi density foam seat and back cushions wrapped in silk layer provide comfort and cushion structure memory
- Seat Cushion Style: Removable seat cushions feature rear zippers
- Cushion feature:2 piece expansive length seat cushions
- Stitch Edge Type: Matching streamlined piping
- Tufting Type: Single back row Blind tufting
- Fabric Type: Vintage Tailored Twill: 60% Linen, 20% Cotton, 20% Nylon
- Back Style: Fitted stationary single piece back
- Design Feature: Solid varnished wood undercarriage with splayed legs
- Dimensions: Height 33.5" x Depth 35.5" x Width 90.5"
- Dimension: Floor to seat height 17.7"
- Dimension:: Floor to arm height 26"
- Leg Type: Wood stiletto splayed 6.3" tall
- Feature: The entire sofa is stitched and crafted by hand
- Feature: Comes standard with floor protection caps on legs
- Feature: Matching loveseat (2 seat), armchair (1 seat) and ottoman are available to complete your look
- Warranty: 1 year limited warranty
- Yes: Yes
About Vintage Tailored Twill:
Twill is an interwoven knit fabric. The thread takes turns in an over and under weave forming a crooked yet overall lineal rectangle pattern that can be discerned at close range. The pattern exists but appears somewhat random when viewed from a normal distance. Vintage Tailored Twill features a finer, tightly tailored flat weave appearance. Vintage Tailored Twill provides perhaps a more refined, tailored appearance than that of a typical coarse twill. It relies on the multi-tone nature of the fabric strands themselves to provide the appearance of depth of texture.
About the Tweed Fabric Style:
Tweed is a flat surfaced wool, originally homespun and slightly felted. This fabric is sturdy and features a smooth overall appearance with a mottled color.
Cashmere wool fiber is obtained from “Cashmere goats.” Historically, fine-haired Cashmere goats have been called Capra hircus laniger, as if they were a subspecies of the domestic goat Capra Hircus. Cashmere goats produce a double fleece that consists of a fine, soft undercoat or under-down of hair mingled with a straighter and much coarser outer coating of hair called Guard Hair. For the fine under-down to be sold and processed further, it must be de-haired. De-hairing is a mechanical process that separates the coarse hairs from the fine hair. After this separating process the resulting premium “cashmere” is ready to be dyed and converted into yarn.
About the Houndstooth Twill Fabric:
An interwoven knit fabric usually seen in a multi-tone cotton blend thread. Houndstooth features an uneven, random and whimsical cross hatch design where the thread takes turns in an over and under weave forming a crooked yet overall lineal rectangle pattern. The pattern exists but appears random and texturized. The cotton blend provides for a comfortable yet durable upholstery with the breathing advantages of natural fiber.