The Edward sofa features design elements present in the early Milo Baughman pieces. A modern interpretation at home in mid century modern and loft classic contemporary design themes. The refined tailored appearance is achieved with a single full length affixed back, seat and side arm cushion. The single row "Blind button" tufting softens the appearance with a classic touch. Edward lifts off the floor, seemingly hovering compliments of an architecturally stunning modern stainless steel box frame. More than stunning design, Edward's seating comfort allows for practical everyday use. Handcrafted with a traditional hardwood frame and multi-density Dacron wrapped cushion.
- Style: Edward Sofa. Inspired by Mid Century Modern Design.
- Frame: Traditional Solid Ash hardwood box frame construction
- Seat Platform: Reinforced bottom seat cushion platform for firm longer lasting support
- Foam Type: Lofty, multi density foam seat, side and back cushion
- Seat Cushion Style: Single piece affixed seat, back and arm side cushions
- Design Element: "Blind button" tufting on back, inner arm and seat platform
- Design Element: Mono height arm and back
- Fabric Type: Vintage Tailored Twill
- Fabric Content: 60% Linen, 20% Cotton, 20% Nylon
- Fabric Type: Tweed Cashmere Wool
- Fabric Content: 50% Cashmere Wool, 50% Synthetic Fiber
- Dimensions: Height 27.5” x Depth 33.8” x Width 86.6”
- Dimension: Floor to seat height 14.8”
- Dimension:: Floor to arm height 27.5”
- Leg Type: Stainless steel center connecting platform
- Feature: The entire sofa is stitched and crafted by hand
- Feature: Comes standard with floor protection caps on legs
- Feature: Matching ottoman is available to complete your look
- Warranty: 1 year limited warranty
- Assembly: No
About Vintage Tailored Twill:
Twill is an interwoven knit fabric. The thread takes turns in an over and under weave forming a crooked yet overall lineal rectangle pattern that can be discerned at close range. The pattern exists but appears somewhat random when viewed from a normal distance. Vintage Tailored Twill features a finer, tightly tailored flat weave appearance. Vintage Tailored Twill provides perhaps a more refined, tailored appearance than that of a typical coarse twill. It relies on the multi-tone nature of the fabric strands themselves to provide the appearance of depth of texture.
Cashmere wool fiber is obtained from “Cashmere goats.” Historically, fine-haired Cashmere goats have been called Capra hircus laniger, as if they were a subspecies of the domestic goat Capra Hircus. Cashmere goats produce a double fleece that consists of a fine, soft undercoat or under-down of hair mingled with a straighter and much coarser outer coating of hair called Guard Hair. For the fine under-down to be sold and processed further, it must be de-haired. De-hairing is a mechanical process that separates the coarse hairs from the fine hair. After this separating process the resulting premium “cashmere” is ready to be dyed and converted into yarn.