Basil is the sofa that is today what it is in 10 years. Simple but so timelessly elegant. The exterior frame of Basil encases the graciously plump, removable full length back cushion and 2 side arm cushions. The cushions are loose but held in place by two multi density foam cushions. Rarely is the aesthetic design of a modern classic in question of taste but often the comfort of the seating experience is. It is no overstatement that Basil offers both luxurious seating comfort and the best in classic stoic modern aesthetics. Bridging the expanse, the wooden frame elevates between two formidable polished Stainless Steel Industrial modern arched legs. True to the original, Basil feature a mono height arm and back profile. The plump vertical arm cushions extend to the base of the sofa seat and the seat cushion rests between them. This full size sofa comfortably bridges loft and mid-century modern design themes with its timeless well tailored, slender appearance. From the hefty steel legs to the hand stuffed and stitched upholstery, each Basil sofa is individually crafted by hand.
- Frame: Traditional hardwood box frame construction
- Seat Platform: Reinforced bottom seat cushion platform for firm longer lasting support
- Foam Type: Multi density foam seat and back cushions wrapped in silk layer provide comfort and cushion structure memory
- Seat Cushion Style: Removable seat cushions feature rear zippers
- Stitch Edge Type: Piping free hand stitched lower profile seams
- Fabric Type: Premium Cashmere Wool Blend: 50% Cashmere Wool, 50% Synthetic Fiber
- Back Style: Full length loose cushion inset back
- Arm Style: Full loose cushion inset arms
- Leg Material: #304 Stainless steel
- Design Feature: Angle splayed industrial legs
- Dimensions: Height 37.75" x Depth 40" x Width 91.75"
- Dimension: Floor to seat height 18.5"
- Dimension: Floor to arm height 34.5"
- Dimension: Leg Height 9.5"
- Feature: The entire sofa is stitched and crafted by hand
- Feature: Comes standard with floor protection caps on legs
- Feature: Matching loveseat (2 seat), armchair (1 seat) and ottoman are available to complete your look
- Warranty: 3 year limited warranty
Where Cashmere Wool comes from.
Cashmere wool fiber is obtained from "Cashmere goats." Historically, fine-haired Cashmere goats have been called Capra hircus laniger, as if they were a subspecies of the domestic goat Capra Hircus. Cashmere goats produce a double fleece that consists of a fine, soft undercoat or under-down of hair mingled with a straighter and much coarser outer coating of hair called Guard Hair. For the fine under-down to be sold and processed further, it must be de-haired. De-hairing is a mechanical process that separates the coarse hairs from the fine hair. After this separating process the resulting premium "cashmere" is ready to be dyed and converted into yarn.