Quality ingredients not typically available at this price point. Notice the heft of the seat cushion? Reproduction of this mid century modern icon features heavy down feather overstuffed cushions you can sink into. An original metal Sinuous no sag "S Coil" suspension system encased in high density foam was selected for the seat platform of Lucilie. Adding flair, the splay base is narrower where it meets the floor, has a higher degree of outward angle. For stylizing effects the length of the leg has been extended approximately 1” further than a typical splay design. A hand crafted solid kiln dried hardwood frame features metal and dowel joinery methods. Lucille's expansive profile is achieved by using 2 wider plump overstuffed smooth surface seat cushions with button tufting. A upholstered solid wood bottom seat rail curves at each end rolling upward and outward into vertical flaring arms which play off the splay leg design and frame the sofa with continuity. The removable double piece back cushions feature one row of period correct button tufting with cross stitching. Perhaps the base of Lucille is the most telling detail of the design.
- Style: Mid-Century Modern Classic Sofa
- Frame: Traditional hardwood box frame construction
- Seat Platform:Metal Sinuous No Sag "S Coil" Suspension System Encased In High Density Foam
- Upgraded Comfort: Down Feather stuffed cushions you can sink into
- Seat Cushion Style: Removable seat cushions feature rear zippers
- Cushion feature:2 piece expansive length seat cushions
- Stitch Edge Type: Matching streamlined piping
- Tufting Type: Single back row Button tufting
- Fabric Type: Tweed in a premium Cashmere Wool Blend: 50% Cashmere Wool, 50% Synthetic Fiber
- Fabric Type: Vintage Tailored Twill: 60% Linen, 20% Cotton, 20% Nylon
- Fabric Type: Plush Velvet Premium – 50% Cashmere Wool, 50% Synthetic Fiber
- Back Style: 2-piece expansive length back cushions
- Design Feature: Solid varnished wood undercarriage with splayed legs
- Dimensions: Height 33.5" x Depth 35.5" x Width 90"
- Dimension: Floor to seat height 17.7"
- Dimension:: Floor to arm height 26"
- Leg Type: Wood stiletto splayed 6.3" tall
- Feature: The entire sofa is stitched and crafted by hand
- Feature: Comes standard with floor protection caps on legs
- Feature: Matching loveseat (2 seat), armchair (1 seat) and ottoman are available to complete your look
- Warranty: 1 year limited warranty
- Assembly: YES
Where Cashmere Wool comes from.
Cashmere wool fiber is obtained from "Cashmere goats." Historically, fine-haired Cashmere goats have been called Capra hircus laniger, as if they were a subspecies of the domestic goat Capra Hircus. Cashmere goats produce a double fleece that consists of a fine, soft undercoat or under-down of hair mingled with a straighter and much coarser outer coating of hair called Guard Hair. For the fine under-down to be sold and processed further, it must be de-haired. De-hairing is a mechanical process that separates the coarse hairs from the fine hair. After this separating process the resulting premium "cashmere" is ready to be dyed and converted into yarn.
About Vintage Tailored Twill:
Twill is an interwoven knit fabric. The thread takes turns in an over and under weave forming a crooked yet overall lineal rectangle pattern that can be discerned at close range. The pattern exists but appears somewhat random when viewed from a normal distance. Vintage Tailored Twill provides a more refined, tailored appearance than that of a typical coarse twill. It relies on the multi-tone nature of the fabric strands themselves to provide the appearance of depth of texture. All fabrics wear with time, however when compared to common fabrics types like boucle or felt, twill are often considered more durable as they exhibit less visible wear effects such as piling and fuzzing.
About Plush Velvet:
Velvet in general is a soft pile fabric that has been woven since the beginning of the middle ages. It is soft to the touch with a distinctive nap. It is woven on a loom unique to velvet fabrics. Often used on modern furniture where a clean appearance is desired, Micro-velvet is a form of a standard velvet fabric. The micro-velvet variety is considered a lower maintenance fabric. It features a low nap which reduces the light and dark variation of a traditional crushed velvet. The fabric is durable, forms well with curve & tufting work. It features a warm appearance and a soft to the touch surface. Velvet as a term refers to the fabric style not the fabric content. Velvets are made from a variety of fabric types.